Sunday, February 10, 2019

Welcome!

I've been thinking of starting this blog for a few months now: an area dedicated to show synopsis, fun facts I find about it and the actors/actresses within, and then recipes I try shown in that episode!

Let's back up...

I'm not sure when it started, but I do know how- I've become obsessed with foreign drama/romance shows, mostly Chinese and Korean, with a few Japanese here and there. Now, I am the worst kind of person, and I will spoil plots and surprises for myself because I don't care about them- all I care about when watching a new show is how it will make me feel at the end. Which is why, for the longest time, I would rewatch and rewatch movies and shows I had already seen dozens of times, because I knew what feeling it would give me and THAT'S what I wanted to be feeling at that moment.

In the past few years I've gone on netflix christmas movie binges, wanting that feel good romance where everyone has their happy ending and the bad guys get their just reward; but then I ran out of the cheesy romance in english speaking movies and shows. BAM then I found foreign films and shows, and there are so many cheesy romances to go through! However, many of these are either new, old, or obscure, and no episode synopsis exists online for much of what I've been watching- which as I explained above- I hate! I don't want to invest these hours into the characters to see them making terrible decisions, I want to look up what's going to happen to know if I'll be upset or if it will end the way I want it to. If it is going to end not how I would like, I'll stop watching and find something else, happy that a. I have the closure I need with that show b. am able to maintain a head canon for my own ending c. save hours of my time only to be disappointed or heart broken. So I've decided to make episode synopsis for all the foreign shows (and movies!) I've been binging so this predicament doesn't happen to anyone else!

Now, I've already spent hours, and hours, and hours, watching an assortment of shows before finally doing this. But I think that watching it through once, to be able to immerse myself in it and not worry about taking notes or typing along, and then rewatching it again writing my synopsis is the perfect plan.

There are also shows that I've watched with a heavy focus on food, that has made me want to experiment with said food, I'll document those here too: how it was, whether it was worth it being home made, and overall thoughts.

So, shows/movies that I can remember that I need to rewatch and blog about (most of these I highly recommend):
Black
Oh My Ghost (Korean version)
Love 020
Meteor Garden (2018)<- do not recommend as much as the others, the main love story is so unhealthy and painful to watch
Strong Girl Bong-Soon
My Only Love Song
This is Not What I Expected
In Between
Love @ Seventeen
A Love So Beautiful
Refresh Man

I'm struggling through 'Just You' and 'Fall in Love with Me' I think because of them being a little older- plus the characters are being dumb (making childish decisions) and there's no synopsis for me to know if it will end well!

There are so many on my list to watch, so bear with me as I get this blog set up and shows watched before I can add more content!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment